Monday, February 8, 2016

Life

We all have crazy seasons in life. And not every day can be overwhelming. I've been trying to remind myself of these facts.

Life can NOT be just one insane moment and I need to stop and enjoy each day and be present within each moment.

It's easier to do this and remember this when I'm not under a ton of deadlines and stress. January and the first week of February are not those times.

But, in the midst of the chaos of life, I am making healthy choices and taking time to play (a little).

To recap the last month..

January has been a month of sickness in our house. All the girls have been sick. Lots of days of missed school and lots of doctor appointments. Even last night, Super Bowl Sunday, Maddie had a contrast MRI done at the hospital an hour a way from our house. What was supposed to take about two hours took FOUR! We are hoping that we get some answers for her constant pain. A relatively "simple" procedure for the rest of us is scary and unsettling for someone with kidney disease and severe allergies.

Professionally for me, January to early February is a tough time. So many deadlines! Results come in from the huge national contest as well as two major state contests are the same week. It's always a relief when these contests are completed.

In the midst of this, my diploma came in the mail!

That was a nice pick me up!

To keep sane in these weeks, I have really ramped up my activities. I know, it would be easier to just let it go and get more sleep, but then the stress would push me over the edge I am afraid!

So the little girls and I have been swimming a couple of times. I really want to improve my tri time and Lexi wants to join the swim team. So we are braving the cold indoor pool. It may be "heated" but it isn't warm!


We also went hiking one Saturday at Mineral Wells State Park and loved it! Lexi wants to learn how to rappel and we want to foster all outside activities! (I had some great pictures, but I got a new phone and even though we synced and all that jazz, I still lost a ton. ugh!)

Thankfully Doug got a picture of Kylie and me!

Between running, cycling, strength training, and swimming as well as a few random other things like hiking and rowing, I logged 35 activities in the month of January. And all but about 4 or 5 of those were logged at 5am!

So that wraps up my January. Tomorrow wraps up my 30 day Isagenix challenge. I can't wait to tell you about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment