Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spaghetti Squash. So simple. So delish.

I've always been a big fan of pasta! I LOVE pasta! So this new healthy living stuff has forced me out of my comfort zone and into a new world of vegetables.

One of my favorite things about my Eat to Live journey is that I am enjoying eating. I'm not feeling guilty about my food choices and that I am truly enjoying the flavors and textures of REAL FOOD!

This last week I made Spaghetti Squash. I've tried it before and it wasn't a hit.. but I think it was because I was trying to eat it with pasta, not in place of pasta! 

So here is what I did..

Take the squash and wash it and cut it in half. Place on a baking sheet flesh side down and bake at 450 degrees for about 35 minutes.


Take the squash out of the oven and let cool until you can handle holding the squash in place. I didn't wait very long as I was hungry!

Using a fork, start scraping the flesh of the squash. It immediately starts pulling apart into "noodles."





This is just half of the squash! It makes a lot of "spaghetti."



 And here is the bowl with both halves of squash noodles pulled.


And here is a picture of my dinner. Roasted veggies (yes, squash two ways for dinner), green beans, and spaghetti squash with a plain tomato jarred sauce.  It was yummy!


With the leftovers, I poured the remaining sauce over the top of the squash, sprinkled less than a 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce and then finished the dish with a generous sprinkling of Italian seasoning. I put it in the oven, with the lid on the casserole dish,  at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. I wish I had taken a picture of it. It looked awesome. It tasted even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment