Monday, January 12, 2015

Cold Weather Running Just Got A Little Easier!

One of the things hardest parts of running in the winter is the cold and the residual cold left on the hiney! You would think that since I have plenty of body fat, I wouldn't be so cold, but I am!

Well, my sister mentioned that a friend of hers made a bum warmer.. and that intrigued me, so I created one for myself and a few to share with friends!

They are amazing!Here are a few pictures and a link to the tutorial I made.

Here is the warmer on. It's a little wraparound skirt in fleece.. or maybe more like a backwards apron!


The warmers I made are between 10-12 inches in height and 36 inches in width plus the ties. I didn't want them long enough to interfere with running and I didn't want to have to fight the material with every step, so the fabric doesn't meet in the front.

Here are my running buddies on Dec.31st. It was 18 degrees out! We happily wore our bum warmers!




Ready to make yours? CLICK HERE for the link

I've worn mine a half a dozen times and love it. I even wore it in the rain one day and the water just pilled on the fleece and didn't soak me! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment