Thursday, October 9, 2014

A little crafting and a lot of sickness

In the midst of Maddie being sick, I've been sick too. In fact, I haven't run in 12 days. I have the respiratory junk. I finally made it into the doctor on Monday afternoon and got a steroid shot and some antibiotics. I'm hoping to feel better soon!

Anyway, I have been doing a little crafting.  One of my friends is pregnant and we had her baby shower over the weekend.  I was in charge of decorations. So I put a different slant on it.  I'm not good at making party decorations. I just can't get excited about spending money or time on something that is only going to be used for a couple of hours.  So instead, I made decorations that we used on the gift table, but that were for the nursery.  I was way more motivated this way!

I really like how they turned out.  I only had a picture of the bedding to work from, so the chocolate color is exactly right, but I think it works.

Here are the completed pieces with the bedding!


Didn't they make cute table decorations!! I made the two matching large canvases, the small square painting, the L button canvas and I put together a chalkboard flower thingy.


The food was delicious. I used the valance from the bedding as part of the table coverings!!



Isn't this adorable! He wanted a cake pop SO BADLY! I think he ended up eating 5 of them! :) 

And here is Mandi. She is 8 months pregnant. If she wasn't such a nice person and a friend I'd have to hate her. 8 months and adorable.


Her boys. She's having a girl this time!



On a different note, I also finished another tshirt quilt!  I am really excited about this one as I didn't know how a jersey would work in a quilt. But it turned out great! The jersey squares are the two shimmery ones in the middle of the quilt.





And there you have it. A couple more projects completed.




No comments:

Post a Comment