Sunday, September 7, 2014

Soccer, Painting and Weight Loss

Kylie's first soccer game was Saturday. In typical Texas weather, it was 90+ degrees and it had to be 100% humidity. The little girls did awesome in their very first 5 and under soccer game, but man were they tired! 

Here she is before the game. She was READY!

And here are some stills from the game...

  
 
 

 
The games aren't really that long, four 10 minute quarters, with a number of breaks, but it was sooo hot! Not sure who won, they don't keep score, but thankfully our team made enough goals that it could have been us. (probably not)

Anyway.

We are ready for fall!

Next up... My newest painting. 

I love seeing my paintings ready for prints! It is fun!!
Photography Prints

I haven't had much time to paint lately, but I need it. It keeps my stress in check! Lately we are so busy and stressed that I can feel it taking a toll on my body. not good.

And last, I'm back trying to lose these pesky last 12 pounds.  Well, to be honest, as of September 1st, it was 17 pounds, but I've already shed the five that I had put on those last weeks of summer. So now I'd like to get to my goal. 

In fact, if I can do it, I'll be smaller than I was when I was in college. I haven't decided if it's realistic yet. I currently wear a size 6 and am the size I was when I met Doug many moons ago. 

So why do I feel the need to lose more weight? It's that I am solid muscle from running long distance and training hard... UNDER a LOT of fat! This fat is that fat gained from eating fast food... for the last 15+ years. 

I want it gone.

I've even stopped eating donuts.

and I'm eating quinoa for lunch.

I mean business and tracking it all through My Fitness Pal (free app!)

More than all of that, I desperately want to run a under 2 hour half marathon. My best time is 2 hours and 13ish minutes. If I can get my eating under control and lose the top layer of fat, I think I could do it!

My times are improving and I feel ready.

Not sure when it will happen. Life is so busy right now that I'm not even competing in this weekend's triathlon that is happening in my town! ouch. 

But we have colorguard, ballet, volleyball and soccer .. oh and yeah, we work full time jobs. Needlesstosay, my desire to compete on Saturdays has to take a back seat to my children's Saturday games. Especially when I am the volleyball coach. (Go Crush!)

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on the goals. Hope to report next week that Kylie has made a goal and that I've lost more weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment