Friday, March 28, 2014

Let the measurements do the talking!

So long scale, you are a finicky friend. You are wishy washy and high maintenance. Some mornings you are my best friend and give me all kinds of love. But the next morning you spew hatred at me.
 
So see ya. I'll still check in with you occasionally, but our relationship is not healthy. I'm going to have to move on.  My new friend is a tape measure. It doesn't need me to call it every morning and every night. Infact, our friendship is best if I only check in once a month or so!
 
 


Yes, my bloggy friends, I am finally forcing myself to move beyond the scale.

Why? Becuase the 2-4 pound swing drives me CRAZY.  Perfect example was yesterday. I was at the gym at 4:30am. I biked for 5 miles, I ran for 3 miles and then lifted weights for 30 minutes. I ate healthy food, worked, and then swam 600 meters. I ate a healthy (smaller portion) dinner and got a good amount of sleep.

I weighed another 1/2 pound heavier this morning. GRR!

However, I remembered that a while back I took some measurements because I was frustrated with the weight loss, but I knew I was doing better physically.

I pulled up my measurement note from January 13, 2014 and retook my measurements!

So while the scale has gone up and down, my overall size has gone down.

Thigh: -1 inch
Hips: - 1.5 inch
Waist: -2 inches
Bust: -1 inch

That is progress!! I'm so glad I did the measurements! I needed that pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment