Friday, July 19, 2013

What kind of light am I? Spotlight or a Candle?

I want to be a light in this world. 

But I have no desire to be a spotlight.
I've spent a good amount of time on stage, and I know what it feels like to be hit in the face by 1000 watts.

A stage light, or a spot light produces
a LOT of heat
is blinding
and is really only good for one area.

But a candle,
breaks the darkness gently
provides a light strong enough to see through the dark
 without blinding the person.


That's the kind of light I want to be.

Ironic isn't it.. You thought I'd say that I want to be a spotlight. didn't you?


Matthew 5:15-18
The Message (MSG)
"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world.
 God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill.
 If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you?
I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand- shine!
Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment