Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thankful

Yesterday we buried Grandmother.

Anytime family gathers, I try to get pictures. You just never know if you will have another opportunity.

Look at this picture of my sisters and me. We look more and more alike as we age! I am so thankful for my sisters!

We also got a picture of the grandkids. It's been probably twenty years since we had a picture of all of us together. I am thankful for this family. I am well aware how lucky I am to have cousins that I also consider to be friends!

Doug did the funeral. He did a great job. I am so thankful for this man!

And I am thankful for my friends. Friends who will send a plant so that I know they are thinking of me... even though they know that I will probably kill the said plant...

This last week has had some hard stuff. Closing a chapter of life is hard. In the midst of that Maddie was really sick, that is an ongoing battle. But in the end, I am so thankful for this life that I have. I am beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment