Saturday, July 6, 2013

Refinishing furniture

Years and years ago Doug built us a bed. It's been in storage for the last 9 years. We had been looking for furniture for Maddie and had discussed using this bed, but I didn't really want to paint it. However, in the end, I decided that it was much better to paint the thing and get it out of storage than for it to sit and eventually rot.
 
So, this morning Doug went and got the bed and we started sanding. (side note: squatting and sanding is hard work. even more so after a 10 mile run!)
 
Doug and I both worked on sanding the bed.
 
Here is one the baseboard with one coat of paint! I love it. I wish we had done this sooner!
 
We are also refinishing a dresser and a curio cabinet too. I figure I'm already filthy and hot, I might as well knock it all out in one day! 

 
So why am I inside taking a break? Well, it's 2pm and 93+ degrees and everything is drying. I'll go back out in a little while and do a light sanding on everything and spray another coat.
 
I can't wait to show you the finished furniture in Maddie's room!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment