Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Milestone into Insanity

As we headed out to the Jacket Glow Run tonight Doug mentioned that I had crossed the line into an area where 98.8% of the world would think I was crazy. Sadly, he was right. But I don't care... it pumps me up!!

So how did I become a part of this tiny percentage? Well, simple. I run. A lot.  Like how bout a 14 mile training run this morning and then a 1 mile family run followed by a 5k tonight.

Yes, that put me at over 18 miles on the day. 

This morning's 14 were good. Not fast.. it is summer in Texas you know and it is hot and humid!

And here I am with the little girls tonight. 
 Lexi ran with Doug in the 1 mile and I ran with Kylie.  Lexi did awesome. She ran the 1 mile in 13 minutes. Kylie ran 3/4ths of the course and reeled people in with her grin as she ran along. We finished in 14:30. Not too bad for a 3 year old!


Then we had the Glow Run. It was DARK and a little unnerving at times. I was thankful that I run the trail regularly (like even this morning..) so I knew the turns and the bad spots in the road.

Here I am with my teaching friends after the race! I ran a 9:41 pace!! I was super pumped as I really just wanted it under 10 minutes given the day.  My official time is higher... but the course was long and an inaccurate course skews times badly.
All in all, it was a great day. Now granted I am laying on the bed with an icepack on my left shin right now, but other than that all is well.

I am so proud of myself! I ran over 18 miles today!! Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment