Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Frustrating Tale of the Scale

Since January 1, I have gained 9 pounds. Great. 2 of those pounds I gained THIS WEEK.

This should not be happening. Why is this happening?  Okay, I know why...more calories consumed than used.. but more than that.. HOW?

Let  me show you a visual recap.
 
Yes, you read that right. Since Jan 1st I have run 426 miles and burned more than 44 THOUSAND calories. This doesn't include the rest of the cardio... elliptical, rowing, weights, water aerobics...

But yes, I am gaining weight.

I would love to say that it's all muscle. But really... it's not all muscle. On one side of the seesaw is the fact that I logged more than 10 workouts each of the last few weeks. One the other side is that I sat on my rear working on my grad class, blogging and playing on facebook.

So what do I do? I do the one thing that would keep it all in check and that I haven't been doing. Track my food intake. ugh. At least Weight Watchers makes it easy on my phone.

Hmmm.. I wonder how many activity points training for a marathon will get me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment