Tuesday, July 16, 2013

30 Day Fitness Challenge.. You with Me?

One of the coolest things about Facebook is the random (and really not interesting) things about your life are archived for you to find later. Sorry facebook friends.. I use status updates for this reason a lot!
Anyhoo. As you all are more than aware, I am a year into reclaiming my life and as I sit here tonight eating McDonald's, I am feeling the need to put a new challenge in front of me. Yes, feel free to groan. In the last year I have lost close to 40 pounds, have run a couple of 1/2 marathons and have become stronger. And while yes, I am training to run the Dallas Marathon, running has become fun and social and not as challenging. I need to change that. 
So here is what I am doing. First, I am going back and looking at what I was doing last summer and am going to give myself a FITNESS TEST tomorrow morning. Then, over the next 30 days I am going to bust it and see where I stand. I know my running is way, way better, but can I still do the deck of cards workout? Probably not. I’m thinking I’ve let things slide! Then at the end of 30 days I'm going to do the Fitness test again!

A quick recap from last summer… these are my facebook posts!!
July 26: Warning: when the instructor says "it's just 10 moves today and then we go home..." don't get excited. What she didn't say was that it was 10 moves with 100 reps of each plus "bonus" running laps between each exercise! Let it be known, I did EVERY single REP. Ouch!
July 27: Accomplishment for the day.. Doing better headstands than my children!
August 7: Who is this new me? A couple of months ago I would have used my sore muscles from yesterday's workout as an excuse to not do anything for a week. Today, I did an hour of bootcamp followed by a 2.5 mile run! And guess what, I feel better now than when I got up this morning!

September 10: Deck of Cards workout = 111 reverse leg lowers with crunch, 111 pushups, 111 tuck jumps, 111 jump squats, 200 squats, 200 jumping jacks and 40 burpees for grins.

August 16: Best way to start day 2 of inservice? Doing more than 100 burpees. oh yeah.

August 25: I RAN 5.04 miles this morning at an average pace of 10:54!! AWESOME!!!
September 30: 4 months ago I decided to take back control of my life. In doing so, I started running. On June 1st I posted a 2.46 mile jog with an average pace of 14 minutes. Today, September 30th, I just finished an easy 4 mile run with a pace of 9:50. Yep. I'm proud of myself!!




I have to say, I miss that excitement.
I ran 12 miles on Sunday and guess what, it wasn’t a big deal. 
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!
12 miles! And it was hohum. Crazy stuff.

So tomorrow at 5am… I am doing the Deck of Cards Workout. (Minus the deck of cards, because when it’s just me, the drama of flipping the card and moaning gets lost!) Anyone want to join me…

What’s my game plan?

  • 100 reverse leg lowers with crunch
  • 100 pushups
  • 100 tuck jumps
  • 100 jump squats
  • 200 squats
  • 200 jumping jacks
  • 20 burpess
I’m going to do them in sets of 10 and (20’s for squats and jumping jacks and 2 burpees) and then jog for .25 miles then do another set. Will I make it through 10 rounds? Probably not. But I have to start somewhere. And it’s not like I’ve been a total slacker, I put in two workouts today!

Should you want to join my fitness challenge meet me at 5am. Text me for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment