Monday, April 1, 2013

Coffee Filter Hair Flowers!!

Tonight I taught the almost teen to make coffee filter hair flowers!!
 
It truly is amazing how easy and fun these flowers are. Even a 13 year old has an attention span for this. Yes, those are Maddie's hands. Do you really think I'd paint my nails like that?? :)
 
 These are small filters. I hate how much I wasted of the filter. In fact, I hated it so much that I ended up dying the extra. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but who knows!


I placed a ready-made store bought hair flower between two flowers that we made tonight.

Here is Maddie dying the flowers.

We let the flowers "drain' on paper towels for a few minutes and then popped them into the oven.


After about 30 minutes at warm, I turned the oven off and left them to cool. 

I got an elastic hair band out and tied the top of it. I'm going to use it as the center of the flower.
 
I have to say, I love how it looks.

 
And there you have the finished product in my hair. Sorry, it was after bedtime and the little girls were in bed! Maybe tomorrow I can get some cute pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment