Friday, August 17, 2012

a few things.

1. I pulled a muscle this week. I don't think I've ever pulled a muscle before. This is something adult-onset athletes have to learn to deal with. Don't you love the term adult-onset athletes.... it almost sounds like a terminal disease.  The term is from a book I read called No Need For Speed by John Bingham. It's a good book and well worth your time if you are wanting to start working out and are not an experienced athlete.

2. Teachers went back to work this week. I love my job and I love summer. I don't love in service. I really, really don't like wasted days spent in "training." A couple of the nuggets from one of the worst days... "if you are in a district that requires grades..." What teacher works in a district where grades aren't required????  What the heck? And how 'bout this one... "well, I didn't say I would use (such and such technique), I'm just presenting it to you" when I asked about something that was presented that would get a teacher in our district in trouble!!

3. My room is looking really cool. I may have found my theme for the rest of my teaching career. Well, maybe not. I'm pretty ADD about this kind of thing.

4. I am so thankful to live and work in my community. We had our annual meeting today with Maddie's teachers about her health and her health plan for school. Everyone is so completely supportive of Maddie and our family. I can't imagine how difficult our struggles would be if we truly had to fight for everything Maddie needed.

And that's it for today. I just didn't want you to think that I had vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment