Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feeling like a First Year Teacher :(

My first year teaching was the fall of 1997.

I've taught more subjects than are offered at some schools!

I'm really pretty flexible and very organized...

But this year, I'm feeling overwhelmed and underwater.

Just like a first year teacher again.

For the record. I hate that feeling.

Why you ask?

Well, since I'm in the middle of my whine fest, let me tell you.

I teach
  • Art 1
  • Pre AP Art 2
  • AP Drawing
  • AP 2D
  • AP 3D
  • AP Studio
  • Graphic Design
  • and just for grins, I like to throw in an independent study AP Art History student.
So that's a lot of things in one day.  However, I teach 3 Art 1 classes.  Those classes are first period, fourth period and eighth period. Yeah, we wouldn't want to put them back to back, cause that would be easy. Then my AP Drawing, 2D and 3D kids are all in the same class, but since it's a college board approved course, each section has their own syllabus and stuff. And I could go on and on...

But I won't.

Overall, I love my job. I get to teach something I love and I recognize that I am good at it.  However, for anyone out there that says "it's just art..." I invite, no I encourage you to walk a day in my shoes. 

So thanks for letting me whine.  I am hoping to find a new normal soon.  I'd really like to make something creative.  I think it would help my bad juju.  But in the meantime, I've got 150 students to prep for this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment