Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Classroom Under Construction

If you were lulled into the summer schedule and didn't realize that August 1st came and went.  It did.  As a teacher, August 1st is THAT DAY for me.  I really enjoy June and July at home.  I do a little school work and piddle around the house.  I love that time, but in the back of my head, the date, August 1st sits there and reminds me to not get too comfortable.

It really is kinda funny.  Last week (prior to August 1st) I was up at the school and it was me, one administrator and the cleaning crew.  It was DEAD!  Then August 1st, Monday, arrived and the school is a hive of activity.  Our students don't officially arrive for the first day of school until August 22nd, but the building is crawling with kids.  In fact, tomorrow the 4th, we have a full morning of freshmen as they get acclimated to the campus and our procedures.

I can't wait to show you my classroom!! I am the lone high school teacher probably in the world (or so it seems) that decorates my classroom.  I guess it's that artsy-elementary brain I have!  This year I am doing IDEAS AT WORK.  Complete with orange construction barrier stuff draped on my ceiling! 

Hopefully by next week I can show you the room!  It is going to be fun.  And a good thing.  30 art students in one classroom with one teacher is going to be NUTS and LOUD!  I've even bought myself a Yakker Tracker (sp?)  It's a stop light that will change from green to yellow to red depending on the noise level.  I think it fits my construction theme perfectly!

So that's what I am up to.  If you live in the area and feel the need to organize, label, sort or hang.. give me a call.  I can use all the hands I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment