Friday, April 29, 2011

TAKS testing!

There is nothing that can drain a teacher like the TAKS test!  I am so, so glad to get this week behind us! 

Sunday is the children's musical at church.  They are performing Under God's Sea in 3D! It's cute and the kids are fun to watch.

I know it's bad, but at this point, I'm just checking things off my to-do list. 

With this show done, I'll only have 3 events left on my list before the end of the year!

Of course, not on the list is the cleaning of my class room.  OH MY!!

In the midst of the never-ending-events of our house, last weekend, I sliced open my right hand and am the proud owner of 3 very expensive stitches. 

It's an interesting story.

Saturday night, Doug was grilling steaks out on the back patio and I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher.  The cabinet that the coffeemugs are stored in is directly above the dishwasher.  So.. I was putting up a coffeemug and having to reach a little awkardly to do so. (I've only done this a couple of times a day for the last six years..) And I dropped the cup.  It hits the counter and bounces back up as it breaking into pieces.  One shard sliced open the side of my right hand.  Immediately I knew I had to have stitches!

So my mom came over and pulled the steaks off the grill while we were at the hospital. 

And that brings us back to today.  The end of TAKS week.

I'm hoping for steaks tonight for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment