Sunday, March 6, 2011

Yippee and a Bummer.. hoping for more Pfaltzgraff!

I have been talking about buying new dishes for three years.  Yes, three years.  I'm not much of a shopper and I didn't want to just settle for something.  So I've been looking and pondering. 

Finally, we found some dishes that both Doug and I both really liked.  The colors just fit our house perfectly and I really liked the way the coffee cup felt in my hand.  They are called Calico and are part of the Pfaltzgraff Stoneware collection.

So we bought two boxes (that's all they had at the store) and brought them home. 

I was so excited to finally get them out and change out our old dishes.    So here they are!!



UNTIL...


              Yep...


                         From the first box, a broken salad plate.


                                      From the second box, a broken dinner plate.


                                                        BUMMER.  DISAPPOINTMENT!!!


We don't live close to where we got the dishes.  The boxes were in perfect condition.  It wasn't the stores fault.  The boxes were just packaged so tightly, it was bound to happen.  Sad.  :(

Now I'm wondering about how long these dishes will last.  My other dishes were the ones we registered for  when we got married.  We have used them just about everyday for the last however many years we have been married. We are talking about thousands of uses and all are still in great condition.  Just dated.  They are the same brand, so I'm really hoping these new ones are okay!

I'll let you know!  I sent Pfaltgraff customer service an email today along with a picture of the broken plates.  I'm really hoping they will send me two new plates!  Otherwise... I guess I'll start the three year quest to find a new set of dishes.  ugh.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that after how ever many years we have been married, you still don't know how many years we have been married.

    From your loving husband of a certain number of years.

    ReplyDelete