Friday, March 4, 2011

Whew. A little perspective on a crazy week.

Remember that video I mentioned in my last post?  The one that was to replace the real image of me at the retreat?  Well, it wouldn't work.  So... I went to the retreat tonight and spoke.  Now I'm home and resting a little and will hopefully get some sleep before leaving out for school to travel with my students to contest bright and early Saturday morning.

I'm glad I went.  Even if I wasn't there for very long.  It's always nice to be a participant in something you have been looking forward to for a long time.  I would have really liked to have heard the other speakers (my sisters!). Hopefully they have notes that they will share with me.

It's funny thinking back on the last week. I had this sense of urgency all week to get the mountain of prep work done and all the crazy details tied up so that I could leave work today as soon as the day was over.  Last year a student's mom and I worked till midnight the Friday night before contest.  But this year, I felt compelled to work every night the over the last week to get things ready early. 

I'm so glad I did.  If I hadn't used that prompting, I would have never been able to take the afternoon and evening and drive two hours away from home (each way)  the night before 78 art pieces go to contest. I would have been stuck at school and have missed out on presenting to these wonderful ladies.

Hopefully what I told them about color and life meant something.

Maybe one day soon, I'll get a chance to share it with you. 

1 comment:

  1. it was great Em! Everyone was talking about how good you were. I still can't believe you were crazy enough to drive over.

    ReplyDelete