Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sources of Inspiration

So, I'm taking this painting e-course.  It's great!  I'm telling my students about it at school and they are impressed that teachers still take classes and learn.  They are shocked when they find out that I'm doing it because I want to, that no one is making me and that I even have to pay for it myself!

This week we are suppossed to find a painting/artist that inspires us.  Man, this is hard!! I love so many different styles, periods and techniques.

I've got to decide and then paint something by Sunday!

So, after really pushing myself to look for someone new, to break from a classic and all that, I go back to Monet.


Yeah.  Boring. I know. 

It's not experimental, cutting edge, trendy or anything.


But I love Monet. I love the colors, the landscapes, the technique.

I wonder if I love Impressionism so much for the art, or for the memories of walking through the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. I think they are intertwined.  All I know is that even though I push myself to move beyond Monet, something about his uneven horizons and bursts of color continue to call to me.

So I guess I better translate this into a painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment