Friday, February 18, 2011

Go Big or Go Home

This week in Get Your Paint On we were challenged to focus on color.  I am still working on this week's painting, but I ramped up last weeks painting with color so I thought I'd share.


I have decided that I like the idea of Impressionism, but I like some crisp lines as well, so I am developing my own style.   I also really like the green chair.   In the picture below you can see my going big  this week!  I think it's 2'x3'.

At school we are hard at work getting the art pieces ready for contest.  I have more than 40 students attending and we are taking 78 pieces.  I truly believe that there are days were I must be certifiably nuts and I have to say a small program like mine taking that many kids with that many fine art pieces on a bus more than two hours away from the school is nuts. 

My painting this week is an abstract-ish one of the roses I got for Valentine's Day!!  I've got to get it finished and posted by Sunday.. so I better go get my paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment