Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Getting My Paint On.. Part1

I am so pumped about my ecourse I'm taking.  And I'm very proud of myself for taking the time to gather supplies before I left school yesterday!  Cause today, SNOW DAY!!! 

So, I decided to make myself a painting spot in the laundry room.  Yes, I have a craft desk in the den.  It happens to be the perfect height for one year old hands.  And is currently the home of  Lexi's oversized dollhouse.  My spot in the laundry room is great for standing and working and is tall enough that little hands and eyes are not intrigued.

Here is my spot.  Please don't look at the dust :)



And here is my painting in progress.  I tell you, I am so leaving my comfort zone by showing something in progress.  eek.  please no snide comments!

But I do want to mention something, for those of you out there who don't like to paint because you can never mix a color the way you think you should be able to and you get all frustrated and all that... well.  Let me tell you something.  It is NOT YOU!  It's the paint.

It is.  I used to hate to paint becuase my colors were always muddy and icky.  And then I learned about GOOD PAINT.  And a whole new world opened up!  I use Golden Acyrlics and their mediums.  They are FANTASTIC!!  So, give yourself another chance.  Go buy a sample size of a couple of colors and play. 

In fact, Golden has a wonderful color chart that you can get that teaches you about color mixing.  And no, this isn't a paid advertisement :)  I just get frustrated with crappy paint and the disappointment that it leaves you with.


So there you have it.  My handy "studio!"

No comments:

Post a Comment