Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tangled. And no, it's not about Disney's new movie!

I read a blog called A Place Called Simplicity and yesterday, the author wrote about the nets that we are not willing to lay down in life. 

This was really interesting to me and as I processed and read the comments that others had posted, I was struck with how we can get so tangled in life that we loose focus on what God wants us to do.

I'm not going to rewrite Linny's post here, I think you should go read it...

But as I evaluate life, I realize that my feet seem to be tangled in nets. 

The net of "am I good enough to...." has tangled in my feet and left me paralazyed to take that first step many, many times.  Yet, if I am truly going to follow Jesus, then I have to say, if I'm called, He must have prepared me.

However, on the flip side, some of the tangling of my feet is from wading through all the "good things" I'm trying to get done.  Community and church boards, service projects and extra's that I HAVE to do at school. 

I wonder what would happen if I was willing to let it go.. would I wake up and feel called to move to Africa?  That's kinda scary.

So I don't know.  I do know that I'm ready to re-evaluate some things in life.   I've started with one big net.  The net of having to keep everything.  It's funny, while the other "nets" tangle our hearts, the net of stuff actually does cause us to walk funny as we have to tiptoe our way around our junk.  I think letting go of my sentimental net will be rather freeing.

What about you?  Do you have any nets tangling in your feet?

No comments:

Post a Comment