Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Prayer Request and a Heavy Heart

I found a blog (http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/) a couple of years ago and follow it regularly.  Linny, the author inspires me.  One of the things that she teaches over and over is to pray and fast. She has lots of posts about it so if you have any questions about it, go take a look at her blog. 

One of the things that I have learned from watching her is that the prayers of others, even those that we have never met are special and uplifting.  So since Linny is hosting praying and fasting today, I thought I might join in.

I have a couple of prayer requests and I offer to you, list your request in the comment section and I would be honored to pray for you.  And if you don't happen on this post until 3 weeks from now, you can still comment and I will still pray for you.

Here are my prayer requests.

1. Our house is for sale.  It has been for sale for the better part of two years. (or at least feels that way!)  We have had it on the market for the last two summers and nothing. nada.  Please pray that our house would sell soon!  We have found a house that fits us, our budget and is in a great neighborhood, but we can't buy it still owning this house.

2. My younger sister who fosters children has done respite care for a 10year old girl a few times and we have all come to know her and love her.  She is outgoing and silly and funny and adorable. She is ready for a forever family.  None of our immediate family are in a position to adopt her.  So please pray for this child that she would be adopted by a family that would dote on her and love her forever.

3. One of my special needs students (who you have seen pictures of creating clay pieces) is on hospice.  She is in the end stages of cerebral palsy and is suffering.  Please pray for her and her family.

Thank you for allowing me to share my heart.  So many are hurting right now.  Our friends down the street lost their 32 year old son in an auto accident this week. Celebrating Christmas will be so hard for them and for others.

I pray for a joyful day for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment