Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What is your 100%?

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about how crazy life is.  While we were commiserating at how busy we are and how some people just don’t get it, my friend made the comment that everyone’s 100% is different. 

For some odd reason this has really stayed with me.  My 100% these days is a lot.  You don’t need my laundry list to know that I’m exhausted.  If you see me, you can see it.  If you know me and my lack of crafting, you can sense it.  And if you see how little I am blogging, you might can tell it there.

I truly don’t want to be a martyr and I really don’t want to be that person that is always tired cause she is always “so” busy. Therefore, I am taking an inventory of my life and deciding what is my 100%.  Then I’m going to stop. (well, hopefully…)

So I am wondering, what is your 100%?  How did you decide or figure out what that was?  Are you still struggling to find it and if so, how are you staying on top of it?

If you have any ideas, please send them my way!

And since I can’t just end a post without a picture, here are a few pictures we took at Fort Worth’s Botanical Gardens last Sunday.  It was a beautiful day.  In fact, it was hot!

girls doug and kydoug and mad

doug and lexdande

1 comment:

  1. OOooh, I completely agree! One day at football practice I was listening to a mom talk about how she was running all her 3 or 4 kids around to different sports and the other moms were chiming in. Why do we do this to ourselves? Do we not ever ask ourselves if there is another option and just do things by default? I don't want to be so busy that I can't stop to listen to a friend or play with my kids. Somethings got to give.

    ReplyDelete