Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Art for ALL Abilities.. an opportunity for everyone to help!!

As the Visual Arts Teacher at Stephenville High School, I get the opportunity to teach some pretty amazing students.  Everyday I am wowed by someone.  It might be their detailed watercolor of a home, or an abstract acrylic of a hand, or maybe the unique random dots on a piece of paper.  You see, not only do I have the best artists in school, I also have the priviledge of teaching our lifeskills students. 

Over the last couple of years I have seen the faces of my students change from blank expressions to engaged learning.  I have seen students (who I had been warned that they just sat and picked their noses) create beautiful and detailed works of art.

It is because of these students, that I am asking each person to go to Power A Bright Future and register as a voter and vote EVERYDAY from today, October 5th through November1st.  I have submitted a grant application with Clorox and now it's up to the votes. 

The grand prize is $50,000!! I can not even describe to you the joy these funds would bring to our art program and to all of my students.

So please, for the sake of my students of ALL ABILITIES, vote for us!!

1 comment:

  1. First off, your new blog background is so pretty! Second, I think you HAVE to win. If they read your work with the special needs students, they'd give you the grant for sure!

    ReplyDelete