Thursday, January 7, 2010

Banana No-Nut Muffins

Tonight while most of America watched the National Championship College Football game.. I baked. Sad.

I had 4 bananas that needed to be used, so I made some Banana No-Nut Muffins.  I’ve never been fond of Banana Nut Bread and the like… but I really like Banana bread.  Take a look at these yummy muffins!

muffin

Yep, we sampled.  Maddie asked if I wanted to split one with her and who can resist a fresh from the oven baked good??? And more importantly, why? :)muffin2muffin3 

Here is the recipe.  I started with one from a church cookbook and have adapted it to fit our taste buds.

Banana No-Nut Bread

1 3/4  c. flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c bananas (I used 4)

Mix/sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir in flour mixture and bananas. Pour into 6 large greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (convection oven).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment