Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Technique Tuesday: Mini Paper Purses

paper purses 017 Large Web view

I found these wonderful little purse instructions at Living Creatively, for the instructions and template click here.

I decided to make these little goodie bags for the upcoming scrapbook retreat I am going to this weekend.  I’ve made a point over the last couple of years to take treats, so I didn’t want to break tradition :)  I haven’t decided what I am going to put in them yet though.. embellishments or candy, it’s hard to decide!

Making these was fun and easy!  I made them a little more work as I used the button blanks and added the paper to the backs, you could save a step and just use colored buttons!  paper purse collage Large Web view My supplies were green cardstock and CTMH’s Animal Cookies papers plus CTMH’s waxy flax, brads, tulip ink, stamp and rhinestone.  The silver paint is not CTMH.  I really like the sponge dauber on the paint and chose to blot it on so that I could have a textured finish for silver. I also went ahead and sewed the edge of the front per the instructions, but you could just draw in the sewn line.

The button is attached to the flap, but the flap does not secure to the front of the purse.  The weight of the button keeps the purse closed.  You could always get a small piece of Velcro is you were concerned with the purse opening.paper purses 015 Large Web view So that’s it.  I can’t wait to give these out at the retreat!! Now to figure out how to pack up all my scrap stuff and take it with me without it putting me into labor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment