Saturday, June 6, 2009

Celebrating with “the girls”

This morning I had the pleasure of having brunch with my mom, my sisters, my aunts, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, my daughters and my nieces.  It was quite the girl fest!

We were celebrating our baby girl that should arrive sometime before the end of August.

We all gathered at my sister Melody’s house, had a wonderful feast and then had a ball laughing at stories from the past.  The stories were supposed to be about a funny event as a parent.. but like many stories they evolve into sister stories.  When you are one of four girls and your mom is one of four girls, that makes for a lot of special memories.  Grandmother can get a story started and it all goes down hill from there :)

One days like this, I am reminded how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. The bond of sisterhood that my mom and aunts have has now been passed down to me and my sisters.  How exciting to know that I am passing down the sisterhood tradition with my girls.  However, I must say, please God… just 3 girls.  Let my youngest sister Katy have the 4 girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment